How Do I Change My Personal Data?
You have already submitted an application in the Personal Funding section and would like to make changes to your personal data? Here you can find out how to edit your address or bank information in the DAAD portal.
- Menu Item Change Personal Data
- Form to Change Personal Data
- Editing Bank Details
- Submitting the Form
You should already have submitted at least one application for personal funding via the portal.
Menu Item Change Personal Data
Start in the Personal Funding tab by clicking on Change Personal Data.
Form to Change Personal Data
Analogous to the application procedure (refer to How Can I Submit My Application?), the procedure of changing personal data is divided into three steps.
- Step 1: Download the form and fill in the required information
- Step 2: Upload the form
- Step 3: Check the form
- You can navigate to the next step or back to the previous step via the Continue to next step or Return to previous step buttons. The currently active step will be highlighted (step 1 in the screenshot below).
- Click on the blue writing Click here to download the application form in PDF format.
- Download the change personal data form and fill it.
- Save it on your local device before uploading it in step 2.
Please note that the change personal data form can only be edited with Adobe Reader.
If any errors occur during the document check in step 3, you will receive notifications. You can correct entries and upload an updated version of the form in step 2.
- Once you have finished editing the form, click on Continue to proceed to the last step.
Editing Bank Details
You have the option to enter and change your SEPA bank details in the change personal data form. To edit your bank details please enter the name of the Account holder and the IBAN.
The following points must be considered:
- The form only accepts bank accounts from countries that belong to the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA).
Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malt, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Rumania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Vatican State
- The IBAN must be entered without spaces between the individual numbers, e. g. 111111 instead of 1 1 1 1 1 1.
- The new bank details will be active from the first day of the following month.
Submitting the Form
- Once you have edited and uploaded the change personal data form, you have the option to download and save the latest version of the form.
- As soon as you click on Send documents, you will receive a confirmation that your change personal data form has been successfully submitted.
- As soon as the additional confirmation message is generated in the portal, a notification is sent to your email account.
- Start in the Personal Funding tab. Since changes to your personal data apply to all applications, you will find the corresponding messages in the Personal Messages tab.
- The message officially confirms the changes to your personal data and provides you with a copy of the submitted form.
Click on the symbol ˃ in front of the subject to open the message.
If you have questions please contact:
In case of technical problems regarding software requirements or passwords, please contact the technical portal hotline.
You can reach us by phone at (+49) 228/882-8888 weekdays from 9 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 4 pm. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the application forms, the application procedure or general questions about the DAAD scholarship programmes, please contact the Info Centre.
You can reach us by email via our contact form at www.daad.de/en/the-daad/contact/contact-study-research-in-germany.