How Can I Submit Attachments to My Application?
If documents are missing from your application or funding proposal, you can submit them as attachments in the portal for many funding programmes. You will find instructions on how to do this in the call for proposals. In the following instructions, we will guide you through this process step by step.
- Procedure for the Subsequent Submission of Attachments
- Menu Item Submit document regarding the application/funding
- Submitting the Attachments
You have submitted at least one application for personal funding through the portal. Your application status is set to Application submitted or Funding.
A subsequent submission of attachments is not possible if your application status is already set to Selection made.
Procedure for the Subsequent Submission of Attachments
Submitting the Attachments
- A menu will open which allows you to upload your document.
Please click on Next to open a new window.
- During the upload you must choose an attachment type for each document.
The attachment types are displayed in separate fields.
- To upload the document, drag it from the folder on your hard drive into the browser window, and drop it onto the desired field.
Alternatively, you can click on the + icon next to the desired field. This will allow you to select the file from your hard drive.
Adding the document is a preparatory step. The final submission of the documents will happen in a subsequent step.
When you submit a document regarding the funding, only one field will be offered where you can place your documents.
Please make sure your pdf files are not encrypted and do not have any commenting restrictions. These files cannot be processed in our system which might force you to resubmit the document.
Furthermore, it is recommended to check documents you have received from third parties. If you have trouble removing the restrictions, print the file and scan it into pdf format.
- After you have uploaded the file, you will receive a confirmation.
- The added document will also be listed below. If you want to remove the document from the list, click on the Ⓧ icon to the right of the document.
- If you would like to add more attachments, repeat the procedure as described above.
- To complete the submission of your documents, click on Overview at the end of the page. You will now receive a final listing of the documents that you uploaded.
- If you want to edit a document, click on Edit.
- Click on Send documents to submit your documents.
- You will now receive a message confirming that your attachments have been successfully sent.
- A few minutes later, you will receive an email notification informing you that a new portal message is available. The corresponding message will officially confirm the submission of your attachments.
Additionally, it contains a copy of the submitted documents.
- The messaging system can be found in the Application and Funding Overview.
- Select the application or funding that you have submitted attachments to, by clicking on the respective line. The selected line will be highlighted with a blue rectangle with a blue-white dot.
The portal messages are located right below the list.
- To open the message, click on the symbol ˃ on the left.
- Additionally, you will receive a second portal message containing a summary of the submitted files.
- Open the message by clicking on the symbol ˃ in front of the subject.
You can find the Summary of additional documents under Attachments for message.
Please note that the second message won’t be provided if the status of your application is already set to Funding!
If you have questions please contact:
In case of technical problems regarding software requirements or passwords, please contact the technical portal hotline.
You can reach us by phone at (+49) 228/882-8888 weekdays from 9 am to 12 pm. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the application forms, the application procedure or general questions about the DAAD scholarship programmes, please contact the Info Centre.
You can reach us by email via our contact form at www.daad.de/en/the-daad/contact/contact-study-research-in-germany.